Thursday, July 30, 2020

Celebrate International Day of Friendship & Father-in-Law Day & National Chili Dog Day

It's International Day of Friendship.  Friendship is something to celebrate especially if you have a true BFF.  Not many people do.  That kind of friendship takes time, years, to develop and strengthen into a bond can weather the storms of life with us.  A best friend is a rare and precious gift and if you have one you are truly blessed.

Read about Jonathan and David in 1 & 2 Samuel.  Their friendship weathered the storms of family turmoil and betrayal but both men proved their bond was unbreakable.

David's father-in-law (his first) was not a good example of a father-in-law.  I hope, if you have one, your relationship is one of love and respect.  Good parents want the best for their children and good in-laws do too.  My father-in-law was a wonderful man of godly character mixed with a great sense of humor.  I am blessed to be a part of his family.  Even though he has passed, his influence is still felt.  He made such an impression on his grandchildren that two of them named a child after him to show him honor - Leah Aubrey and Aubrey Nicole.

My father-in-law enjoyed sports so what better way to remember the sports fans among us than to eat a baseball tradition - hot dogs.  Dress up your hot dogs today with chili, cheese, and onions.  Yum!  When I was a child, my mom and I would sometimes take the bus into Baltimore City and go to a little place that served the BEST chili dogs.  Sadly, I was young and don't remember the name of the place but that was the start of my love of chili dogs.

If you're still looking for something to celebrate today, it's also National Cheesecake Day.

I can't talk about friendship without thinking of the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy & Ethel sing the Cole Porter song.



No comments:

Post a Comment