Sunday, July 5, 2020

It's National Graham Cracker Day

Today is the birthday of the man who created the original graham cracker - Reverend Sylvester Graham.  The history of this tasty snack is interesting.  Check it out on Checkiday.  They have a brief telling of the creation and evolution of the graham cracker.  Why were they originally made?

Grahams can be found in cereal, bear snacks, pie crust, and maybe mini-houses at Christmastime.

It's a good day for S'mores.

I remember going to my Great Aunt Mamie's house and eating graham crackers when I was a child.  So often food is linked to memories.

Mark 14:22-24  While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and gave it to His disciples, saying, "Take it; this is My body."  Then He took a cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.  "This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," He said to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment