Wednesday, April 15, 2020

1st McDonald's Opens & National Banana Day

Today the 1st McDonald's opened on April 15, 1955.  That particular building is no longer standing but if it was it would be just a few months older than me.  I'm planning an escape for a yummy iced coffee or diet coke and maybe some fries or a burger!  I admit I'm a McDonald's kind of girl.  Year before last, for Christmas, Denny went to McD's in secret and got unused fries bags and put enough money in each to buy a diet coke.  I don't remember how many envelopes there were but he taped them all shut and each time I used one it gave me time to think (some were grateful thoughts, and some not so much) as I struggled to open them.  He's very creative and sweet.

It's also National Banana Day.  Bananas are so good.  I prefer mine straight but I also like them baked in a loaf once in awhile.

We can take a deep breath today because the due date for income tax returns has been postponed until July 15, 2020.

Today read Luke 19:1-10 about a tax collector.  Vs 10  For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
Tyler chooses to celebrate McDonald's Day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment