Thursday, November 5, 2020

It's National Men Make Dinner Day

Denny made a big pot of vegetable soup last night so he's covered for today.  I really appreciate all the cooking he does for us.

It's American Football Day, celebrating the AFL.  I wondered why since the first American game was played on Nov 6, 1869; the rules were the same as soccer at the time.  I did a little more research and the only reason I could find is that it's mid-season.

It's also Bank Transfer Day.  Originally, the day was established to highlight the fee differences between banks and credit unions and to encourage people to transfer their money from the bank to a credit union.  I look at Bank Transfer Day as a time to move money from savings to checking to cover upcoming Christmas expenses.

And for one more.  It's National Doughnut Appreciation Day.  I do appreciate doughnuts but don't get them very often.  All the doughnut places near me are on busy roads with no light to allow me to get back out, so I don't stop.  That's probably a good thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment