Friday, September 18, 2020

It's International Read an eBook Day & World Bamboo Day & National Cheeseburger Day

 I like to read.  Back in the day, when we would go on vacation, we'd have a box of toys for the kids and a box of books.  You never know what you'll feel like reading so I had to take a variety.  Then, several years ago, I discovered the Kindle.  How lovely to have all my books at my beck and call whenever I want and to have them automatically open where I stopped reading.  No more frustration from accidentally pulling out the bookmark.  I loved my Paperwhite Kindle but it was mute so I bought a Kindle Fire so it can read books to me.  Matthew prefers to hold the real book when he reads but I've discovered I'm fine with swiping the screen to "turn the page" and holding my Kindle instead of a heavy book.  I've even caught myself swiping a page when I have a physical book.  Anyone else?  Do you enjoy reading?  Do you prefer the physical page or eBooks?

Another thing I purchased several years ago is a bamboo sheet set.  It was pricey but they are the softest sheets and pillow cases I have ever slept on.  If you can afford them, I think they're worth the money.  They do wrinkle like crazy (at least mine do) but I'm ok with that.

Denny is so excited that National Cheeseburger Day falls on his birthday.  Have a cheeseburger to help him celebrate today.



No comments:

Post a Comment