Sunday, May 24, 2020

Happy Asparagus Day & Brother's Day & International Tiara Day

I made broccoli, cheese, potato soup a month or so ago and thought it might be very good substituting asparagus for broccoli.  I may make that with the substitution or Food.com has an Easy Potato Asparagus Soup that I may make, even though it's going to be 80 degrees all week.  Of course, asparagus is yummy roasted with oil, salt & pepper too.

My youngest daughter, Katherine, has a collection of tiaras that she used to wear.  She doesn't wear them much now; I guess she's grown out of that phase.  But I always think of her on International Tiara Day because she's the only one I know personally who ever wore a tiara in public.

When my kids and my friend Chrissy's kids were little, we saw "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" at a dinner theater and we bought the movie because we all like it so much.  At least one of her kids called the movie "Brother's Fight."  Well, we don't want to promote brothers fighting today but do celebrate Brother's Day by contacting a blood brother and/or a "brother from another mother," as my son, Dan, used to say about his friend, Stu.

Hebrews 2:11  Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family.  So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers (and sisters).

No comments:

Post a Comment