Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Happy National Gray Day

I hope gray Day refers to the color and not the weather.

No ideas for meals today, but I do know what color to wear.  Does my hair count?

Why can this word be spelled gray and grey?  Gray is Americanized.  Grey is the common spelling in other English-speaking countries.

Here are some suggestions to celebrate gray day or grey day

Drink Earl Grey tea.

Read some gray literature.  Gray literature are things not formally published in books or journals.  Write a story, then read it to someone.  Read a brochure or blog - oh, wait, you are!

Watch your conversation today.  Gray area topics can be controversial.

Read "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde but I don't recommend reading "Fifty Shades of Gray as that book is inappropriate.

Sing "The Old Gray Mare."

Watch "The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit."  It's an old Disney movie starring Kurt Russell and Dean Jones.

Actually, the day was originally created to bring awareness to Brain Cancer so do things to keep your grey matter working, which includes use of muscles and emotions.

Psalm 71:18  Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare Your power to the next generation, Your might acts to all who are to come.
gray or grey?



No comments:

Post a Comment