Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Enjoy National Iced Tea Day & Ballpoint Pen Day

When I think of iced tea, I remember visits to my Aunt Joyce's house.  She always had a huge Tupperware container of iced tea.  I don't think hers was as sweet as Southern iced tea (we did live in Maryland after all) but it was so good - still a little warm around those frosty iced cubes.  That's a memory close to comfort food.  I love you, Aunt Joyce!  

Now, living in North Carolina, we do love our iced tea.  If you're buying it at a drive-thru, I prefer McDonald's because their drinks are $1 for any size.  However, nobody makes iced tea like Bojangles.  If you're at Bo's you might as well get some chicken and fries and make that a free iced tea!

Scribbling on...I love pens.  My favorite ballpoint pen is Pentel's R.S.V.P.  I used to journal and it HAD to be in purple ink.  (Yes, I was an adult.  Sometimes adulting just needs to be in colors.)  I tried using other colors but I found my thoughts and written words turned into a discourse on how much I didn't like using this color that was not purple!

How about you?  Do you have a favorite pen or favorite color for writing?

1 Corinthians 10:31  So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Here's a picture of my ballpoint pens.  I can't resist picking them up when they're free.


No comments:

Post a Comment