Thursday, June 18, 2020

It's International Picnic Day & Go Fishing Day

If the rain ever stops long enough for the ground to dry out, a picnic might be enjoyable - for some.  I have never like picnics.  They're outdoors and it seems like a lot of packing and carrying and sitting on the ground with bugs.  Definitely not my thing.  the closest I get to a picnic is eating in the van.

I have a similar opinion of fishing.  It's outdoors and hot and boring.  My favorite fishing memory is when my Dad took me to a place on Maryland's Eastern Shore and they had a HUGE one room building full of comic books - stacks of them.  I spent a lovely day reading inside and he spent a lovely quiet day fishing.  

Do you like picnics or fishing?  What's your best memory?

Jesus liked both picnics and fishing.  There are several stories in the Gospels about Jesus feeding people outside and about fishing and fishermen.

Matthew 4:19  "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will send you out to fish for people."

No comments:

Post a Comment