Saturday, February 22, 2020

Happy George Washington's (real) Birthday & Be Humble Day

I'm a little frustrated with George Washington's MANY birthday celebrations.  When I was researching Lincoln's birthday, things I read played it down saying it is now celebrated on Presidents Day.  However, when I researched Presidents Day, it was all about George Washington.  And NOW it's Washington's birthday AGAIN!  Yes, Washington holds a place of honor in our history but so does Abraham Lincoln and I feel like he's being ignored.  That's all I'm going to say about this.

The trouble with humility is if you say you are, you aren't.  Follow the link to listen to Mac Davis sing It's Hard to Be Humble.  I'm not advocating his language or message, just the fact that we all become full of ourselves from time to time.  Considering my rant a paragraph earlier, I may need to examine myself. 😔   True humility is recognizing who we are in light of a perfect God.

Psalm 25:9  He [God] guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way.

2 Corinthians 10:12  We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves.  When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.


No comments:

Post a Comment