Saturday, February 8, 2020

Happy Global Movie Day & National Canned Food Month & National Cherry Month & National Library Lover's Month

It's Global Movie Day!  How easy is that to celebrate?  Just watch a movie.  We love to watch movies.  Please share what your favorite movie is and why (or just what).

I have a can of cherry pie filling in the pantry so I can celebrate National Canned Food Month AND National Cherry Month all at the same time!  I like the Cherry Pie Filling Dump Cake recipe on The Typical Mom blog and I also like the Cherry Cheesecake Surprise Layered Dessert recipe on The Mandatory Mooch.  Of course, fresh cherries are good all on their own!

Here's some canned food advice from daughter, Amanda & her hubby, Brandon.  "If it is necessary to heat canned food in the can, the top must be removed to prevent pressure buildup....Then place the can in a saucepan of hot water and simmer on the stove top.  Food cans should never be placed in a microwave for heating....You can cook multiple dishes in one pot."  I can't think of a situation where this would be necessary and I still would rather open the can and cook the food in a pot.

How wonderful is it that we have libraries and can get books and magazines for free, assuming we return them on time and don't have to pay the late fee.  I love libraries.  Many libraries have books that can be borrowed and downloaded to a Kindle or other device.  Libraries offer many different activities for all ages and also have computers available for use.  Check out your local library this month and see what they have to offer.

(Picture from The Mandatory Mooch blog)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda: Since there is no holiday on the calendar for Brandon's birthday (today), I did some digging and found it is Boy Scout Day, Kite Flying Day and Laugh and Get Rich Day. Now let's all get prepared to laugh at the Boy Scouts flying kites so we can get rich on Brandon's birthday!
    Hubby: Can I celebrate Get Rich Day without laughing?
    Amanda: Nope
    Katherine: I love to laugh at people! I've never gotten rich but I think I will love that too.

    ReplyDelete