Sunday, February 16, 2020

Happy National Almond Day & Do a Grouch a Favor Day

Almonds are so good for you and they are tasty, although a little expensive.  I buy a big bag of almonds from BJ's and it lasts a long time.  Another way to eat almonds today is in Hershey's with almonds chocolate bars.  I would say drink some Almond Milk but I've been seeing things on the Internet about the production of almond milk killing bees so I'm kind of afraid to promote drinking it now.  If you like cozy mysteries, try 52 Steps to Murder by Steve Demaree.  It's the first in a series and the main character eats almond chocolate bars.

Have a heart and Do a Grouch a Favor today.  If you don't run across any grouches in your day, watch Sesame Street (and tell me where you live that is grouch-free).  Watch the Pixar movie Up.  That guy was a grouch and the Boy Scout did favors for him and look where it got him.  Wait, that may not be a great example.  I can't remember the ending so I should watch Up.  I do enjoy Pixar movies.  Livehappy.com has 5 suggestions to deal with cranky people.  They are:
1. Use a kind or at least neutral tone (Maintain low tones with me - now I need to watch Coneheads!)
2. Try reversing your reaction (I didn't appreciate this one so you read it and let me know what you think.)
3. Don't take it too personally
4. Break it up with a time out (That ought to go over well, you think?)
5. Create a crankiness code word (This is my favorite.  What code word do you want to use?  I think it should be mermaid.  "The mermaid is restless today."  "I can see her mermaid tail switching."  "I think her mermaid scales have changed color today.")  Speaking of codes, I just watched Mad Money.  It has some bad language but the story is so good.  (Did you catch my "squirrel" moment re: Up?)

Here's the Bible's suggestion for dealing with a grouch.
Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
So, hubby did this grouch a favor and went to a cat show at the Fairgrounds




No comments:

Post a Comment