Thursday, February 20, 2020

Happy National Cherry Pie Day and Clean Out Your Bookcase Day

It is not only National Cherry Pie Day; it is National Cherry Month.  Cherry pie is yummy but fresh cherries are just as yummy.  Pillsbury has an easy cherry pie recipe if you want to make one yourself.  If you don't want to make a whole pie , Mom Spark has a great mini-tortilla cherry pie recipe that's super easy to make.  Not pie, but Recipes That Crock has an easy cherry cake-type dessert called Cherry Delight (who can resist that).  Cherry dessert options galore!

This is the day to pull all your books (and other things) off the shelves, dust, then rearrange them.  One third of my bookcase shelves are nail polish related items which I regularly enjoy taking down, re-swatching, and rearranging in a different way.  There are 3 shelves of books and 3 shelves with craft items.  (I have 2 tall bookcases.)  Most of my books are on my Kindle Fire so I will also take some time to re-evaluate the books I have on that "shelf."  I use my Kindle practically every day.  I like the Fire because it has audio and it reads to me as I drive back and forth to work.  It's so nice to have all my books at my fingertips whenever I want them.  And what a bonus that it always opens to where I stopped.  No more accidentally pulling the bookmark out and losing my place.  We used to pack a box of books to take on vacation and I always had a few in my suitcase and one in my purse because you never know what type of book you'll be in the mood to read.  Now travel is so much easier and lighter!  This may be one of my favorite days and my favorite ways to celebrate.  I do enjoy organizing things and as you can see from the picture below, I have my work cut out for me!  Good thing my work is closing at 1 pm (it's supposed to snow) today.

What's on your bookcase?

Joshua 1:8  Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.  Then you will be prosperous and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment