Saturday, August 29, 2020

Celebrate "According to Hoyle" Day & Lemon Juice Day

 Once upon a time, maybe 20 years ago, when games were sold on CDs, I had a Hoyle Card Games and a Hoyle Board Games disc.  I loved them both but Hoyle Board Games was definitely my favorite.  It had Dominoes, Parchisi, Mahjong, and Backgammon.  There were other games but those were my favorites.  I especially loved Parchisi.  I played against 3 computer generated players and could pretend they were anyone I wanted.  I really hated losing to the bear!  Of course, my discs won't work on my laptop now.  I wish some company would offer these traditional favorites.  I would even pay money to have them!

Break out the physical board games and cards and play something today.

Make some lemonade to go with your game night.  

I make a gallon of lemonade using two 2/3 cups of lemon juice and an equal amount of sugar.  If you're used to lemonade mixes, you will want more sugar in it.

Try these recipes that use lemon juice.

Easy Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze by Half-Scratched.

No Bake Lemon Pudding Pie by Together as Family.

Bake some fish with lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning.

Lemon Zucchini Bread by A Latte Food

Lemon Garlic Pasta by Wonky Wonderful



No comments:

Post a Comment