Thursday, August 27, 2020

It's National Banana Lovers Day & World Rock Paper Scissors Day

 We're continuing to celebrate bananas this week.  Bananas are supposed to help relieve headache pain.  I'm pretty picky about the ripeness of bananas and they only have a day or two in their lifespan that I'll eat one.  The banana split ice cream I bought has banana ice cream in it.  It looks deceptively like vanilla!  If your bananas sit too long, make banana bread or banana pudding.  According to Abbie, I threw out our leftover bananas too soon.  They looked bad to me - all spotted and strongly smelling like banana.

Did you know there was a banana museum in Washington state?  Sadly, the museum is permanently closed due to a fire next to it that caused damage to their building.  You can still check out their website and look at all the interesting pictures.  Fun fact under the dancing banana on their webpage - bananas are 75% water.

I should have played rock paper scissors with someone before I threw the bananas out.  Maybe I would have lost and the bananas would now be banana bread.  Daniel used to like to say he made decisions using rock paper scissors.  I wouldn't recommend that method for important decisions but it could be fun as a choose-your-own-adventure adventure.  Did you ever read choose-your-adventure books?  They were fun.

2 Chronicles 15:5  In those days it was not safe to travel about, for all the inhabitants of the lands were in great turmoil.



No comments:

Post a Comment