Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Happy Baseball Fans Day and Happy Day to all Middle Children

 I asked Denny to help me write this one since he's a big baseball fan.

Today is Baseball Fans Day.  My dad was a huge Baltimore Orioles fan, so, growing up, I learned at a very early age that Brooks Robinson was the best 3rd baseman ever.  In other years, we could celebrate by going to a game, but, with the major leagues playing without fans and the minor leagues not playing at all, oh well.  But the games are back and on TV, so there are several viewing choices this evening, including most of my family's favorite team, the World Champion Washington Nationals.

Make a mental note to attend a minor league baseball game sometime.  It is a fun, affordable, family-friendly experience.  I enjoy going to a game now and then, as long as it's not too hot and we have seats; no bleacher benches for me.  Go Mudcats!

For a classic comedy routine, watch Abbott & Costello's Who's On First?  Why?  Because.  [This is one of Katherine's favorite bits.]

Baseball is as old as Creation.  God started His creative work, "In the big inning."

Thanks, hon, for pitching in.  Baseball is in full swing.  It runs from now until the end of October.

Did you know Stan Musial, outfielder for the St. Louis Cardinals, was a middle child?

Being in the middle is tough.  You get squished from both sides.  Okay, I have no idea; I'm an only child - yes, I'm on of THOSE.  I want to wish all you middles a happy National Middle Child Day.  The middle of the sandwich, the middle of the Oreo cookie, is the best part, you know.

Here are some middle children you may recognize.  This list could have gone on and on!

     Abraham Lincoln            Bill Gates            Anne Hathaway            Warren Buffett

     Princess Diana            Martin Luther King, Jr            John F. Kennedy            Walt Disney


No comments:

Post a Comment