Thursday, August 13, 2020

It's National Left Handers Day

 My family is full of leftys - my mom, Denny's mom, my oldest daughter Rebecca, Denny's oldest sister Linda.  I feel like I'm forgetting a couple but you get the picture.  In times past, schools used to force leftys to learn to write with their right hands.  I think my cousin Linda is a lefty and told me how hard it was to learn to write with her right hand.  I'm sure it was difficult since my left hand is so uncooperative.  Think about all the items we use that are geared to right-handed people - scissors, hand-held can openers, golf clubs.

Challenge yourself today and try some of these using your left hand. 

Stir food in a pan

Open cans with a can opener

Peel vegetables or fruit

Put the computer mouse on the left side of the keyboard and use it to click and drag or draw

Use scissors

Eat something using a knife, fork, and/or spoon

Write in a ring binder or spiral bound notebook

After you try your (left) hand at some of these, tell a lefty you think they're amazing and talented.

Judges 20:16  Among all these soldiers there were seven hundred select troops who were left-handed, each of whom could sling a stone at a hair and not miss.


No comments:

Post a Comment