Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Happy Bubble Bath Day & Happy National Take the Stairs Day

Makes me want to sing Rubber Ducky with Ernie on Sesame Street.
I'll need to relax in a nice hot bubble bath if I run up and down the stairs today!

Speaking of exercise, I discovered a new website - World Walking.com
They have lots of routes all over the world and a street map with sights along the way and you can link your fitbit to their site.  It's similar to Racery.com without the competition and World Walking is free!

If you're taking the stairs, make sure they lead somewhere.  I've seen pictures on the Internet of stairs that lead to a wall - what a disappointment that would be.

If you don't want to or are unable to take the stairs here are some alternative ways to celebrate:
watch Rocky II (I've never seen the movie but I've seen the scene where he runs up the steps),
watch this clip on YouTube of Gene Nelson in Tea for Two - that's taking the stairs!,
and, my favorite, ride an escalator!  (I know, that's not the purpose of the day.)

Genesis 28:12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment