Sunday, January 19, 2020

Happy National Popcorn Day & Happy National Tin Can Day & Happy Whisper "I Love You" Day

Again, lots to celebrate.

Popcorn might be my favorite non-sweet snack.  I like sprinkling Parmesan cheese on mine.  I like Caramel Corn too.  How do you like your popcorn?

I think lunch should be out of cans today even though they don't actually use tin cans anymore.  I don't mean eat it out of a can, which sounds gross.  Maybe we'll have canned soup and tuna sandwiches.  That's an easy after-church meal. 
Another way to celebrate Tin Can Day is to contribute some cans of food to the local food bank.
One suggestion for Raleigh and surrounding areas in NC is the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina.

Lastly, make sure to whisper "I love you" today.  Maybe whisper in a loved ones ear or maybe whisper it from afar or to a memory or maybe whisper as you pass a mirror.  Whichever you choose, it will lift someone's spirit - unless you whisper it to a stranger.  Then it may get you into trouble!

I hope you hear God whisper "I love you" to you today.
1 John 4:11 "Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.


2 comments:

  1. First of all, Parm on popcorn?! XD Mrs. Donna! That's not okay. I love your tin can recommendation! ♡ keep these coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't share my popcorn with you, AR. :) How about a box of Cracker Jacks? (Waaay before your time. That's caramel popcorn with peanuts in it)

      Delete