Saturday, January 11, 2020

Happy National Milk Day

Celebrating the first time milk was delivered to homes in sterilized bottles.

When I was growing up, the milkman delivered dairy products right to our door.  He left items in a metal box next to the door and took the empty milk bottles that were in there.  I remember getting cottage cheese and milk but we probably could order sour cream and maybe even cheeses.

One of my daughters gets milk from a dairy farm.  They don't bring it to her, she goes to the source.

How will you celebrate National Milk Day?
I'll definitely put half and half in my coffee in the morning.
Maybe I'll have cereal for breakfast.
Doesn't a milkshake sound like a good idea too?
We can watch Oliver! the musical.  One of the scenes has milk maids in it.
Maybe tonight we'll go star gazing and try to find the Milky Way!
What will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment