Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Happy National Hugging Day & Happy National Granola Day & Happy International Sweatpants Day & Happy New England Clam Chowder Day

Another day with so many "holidays" to celebrate!

I celebrated International Sweatpants Day yesterday since I was off work and it was 35 degrees here.  Word from my family is it was 22 degrees in VA and 43 degrees in Northern FL.  Brrr, but it IS January.  Thank you, God, for furnaces and fireplaces, warm clothes and car heaters!

I will be making New England Clam Chowder in the crockpot to celebrate (with a nod to National Soup Month).  Hope it turns out good; it's a new recipe for me.  Remember to eat a granola bar today.  I like sweet and salty and fruity ones.  How about you?

Hug someone today.  Studies show that infants stop growing and die if they aren't touched.  Let's bring life today.  In Isaiah 49:16 God says, "See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."  God is always holding us.

No comments:

Post a Comment