Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Happy National Corn Chip Day & Happy National Carnation Day & Happy National Puzzle Day

Wow, lots of random things to celebrate!  You can wear a carnation while eating corn chips while doing a puzzle.  Or do a puzzle while wearing corn chips (on your shirt front) and eating a sweet carnation petal (not the whole flower, it's bitter).

If you missed Daisy Day, you have another opportunity to give some a bouquet - this time carnations.  They come in a wide variety of colors and are so pretty.  Or you can make fudge using Carnation milk.  The linked recipe sounds very easy and yummy.

Who doesn't like chips and salsa or nachos?  I think we should eat at La Cocina Mexican restaurant tonight.  If you're in the Raleigh, NC area, they have multiple locations but the one closest to us is  764 Shotwell Rd, Clayton.  (The address on their website is their old Clayton location.)

So many kinds of puzzles to celebrate with today - jigsaw (I don't like those; I pound the pieces to make them fit), crossword, word search, Sudoku (my current favorite).  Once upon a time when I was a young teen, someone gave me a puzzle ring.  I'm not good at physical puzzles so I taped it together because I needed help every time it came apart.  If you're celebrating Puzzle Day, use #NationalPuzzleDay to post on social media.
Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter [like a puzzle?]; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

Share how you will celebrate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment