Thursday, January 16, 2020

Happy National Fig Newton Day and Happy National Religious Freedom Day
and for those who don't like Fig Newtons, it's also International Hot and Spicy Food Day

Do you like fig bars?  I do; although, I don't buy name brand, I buy store brand. 
What's your favorite cookie?  (Reminds me of Buddy the Elf.)
(Did you go back and read the cookie question like he said the color question?  I did 👵)

Would you prefer spicy food to sweets?  My son-in-law, Brandon, and my son, Matt, really like to spice up their food.  They test out hot sauces and seem to think the hotter the better.  I accidentally ate a hot red pepper once.  My eyes watered so I couldn't see and a dragon flew down my throat so I couldn't breathe!  The spiciest I get is buffalo sauce for my nuggets at McDonald's.

What a Godly heritage my country has; too bad that isn't being taught anymore.  I am grateful that, at least for now, Christians in the USA have freedom to openly worship and share their love for Jesus Christ.  How appropriate that my church, Calvary Faith Center in Wendell, NC is having its first small group meeting tonight!  If you're looking for a place to learn about Jesus and grow and be loved, come on by any Sunday.

I would be remiss if I didn't quote what Jesus said about a fig tree and faith in Matthew 21:21 on this celebration of Religious Freedom Day.  Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.".
(for bloglovin.com)  <a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20283987/?claim=ypgfpa9at8a">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment