Monday, March 2, 2020

Happy National Banana Cream Pie Day & Old Stuff Day & Fun Facts About Names Day

Do you like banana cream pie?  I like bananas and sometimes banana bread but not anything else banana.  Pie is not my favorite dessert anyway, unless it's lemon pie (no meringue, please).  I looked at several banana cream pie recipes and they all sounded complicated to me but i heart naptime has a really easy banana cream pie recipe that sounds good, if you like banana cream pie.

Old Stuff Day is about decluttering and trying new things.  Don't get stuck in a rut; try something different today.  Go through your closet, house, office, etc. and evaluate what needs to be refreshed or re-purposed.  Try a new recipe or, better yet, a new restaurant or order something different.  Try doing something in a different way, like folding clothes or styling your hair.  I'm always trying new ways to fold fitted sheets.  My latest method is to ball it up in a sort-of rectangle.

What does your name mean?  Please share below or if you have a special story about your name, please share it with me.  Here are the meanings of my family's names.  Even though it wasn't in our mind to pay attention to the meaning, except for Abigail's, I'm thankful their names have nice meanings.
Me (Donna) - lady (fun fact - I would have been Deborah if a cousin hadn't been born first)
Hubby (Allen Dennis) - harmony & god of wine (I didn't name him but he was named after 2 godly men in his family)
Rebecca - servant of God (my thought was Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm)
Amanda - worthy of love (Denny's thought was a country song)
Abigail - joy of the Father (we just liked the name)
Daniel - God is my Judge (the only boy name we could agree on)
Katherine - pure (I liked Kathy; she didn't for long and now it's Katherine or Kat)
Matthew - gift of God (it was a gift that we could agree on a boy name besides Daniel)

What's your name story?

Isaiah 43:19 See [the Lord says], I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Here are my beautiful and playful children sharing a smile.  😁

No comments:

Post a Comment