Sunday, March 22, 2020

Happy National Goof Off Day

Well, it seems most of what I'm doing is goofing off.  Except during work hours of course, since I'm working from home.  It's so nice to redeem my usual commute time.  Although, that's when my Kindle reads to me so I'm not getting as much "reading" done.

During times of confinement, make everyday as special as you can to reduce the monotony.  I will not be able to celebrate some of the days I had planned due to lack of supplies or mobility but I can make up celebrations to take their place.  Maybe I'll stay up all night and sleep during the day (of course, not on a work day).  It's a good time to catch up on projects or start new ones.  I started learning calligraphy but haven't had much time to spend on it until now.  How about a game day?  Daughter Rebecca and family had a dress-up day and dressed like a night out.  Do dinner and a movie at home.  Learn something new.  Khan Academy and Coursera have free online courses.  Read your Bible.  There are plenty of good Bible studies online and free Kindle books.

Here's a preview of this week's celebrations.
Mon - chips & dip
Tue - chocolate covered raisins
Wed - waffles & pecans
Thur - spinach & purple
Fri - "Joe"
Sat - brothers & sisters and black forest cake

Psalm 46:10  Be still, and know that I Am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment