Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Happy National Sloppy Joe Day

Sloppy Joes are quick and easy to make.
Here is my favorite Sloppy Joe recipe.
It's from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook (pg 132, Jean & Tammy's Sloppy Joes)

3 lbs ground beef, browned & drained        1 onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped                              2 8-oz cans tomato sauce
3/4 c ketchup                                                1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder                                         1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder                                    Sandwich rolls

Combine all ingredients except rolls in crockpot.
Cover.  Cook on Low 8 - 10 hours or High 3 - 4 hours.
Serve in sandwich rolls.  (Makes 12 servings)

If you don't want to celebrate with Sloppy Joes, it is National Canned Food Month.

Today meditate on Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.



My Sloppy Joes


No comments:

Post a Comment