Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Happy Saint Patrick's Day & National Corned Beef and Cabbage Day

How much green can you fit into today?  Share your ideas in the comments below.
Here are some general suggestions.
  • Wear green clothes (as daughter, Katherine, demonstrates below)
  • Eat green foods
  • Watch movies or read books with "Green" in the title
  • "Go green" is popular and I guess many of us are as work & schools are closed
And remember Kermit the Frog's advice - it ain't easy being green.

I like corned beef and cabbage, but not using corned beef brisket.  I like canned corned beef.  The biggest downside is it does make the whole house smell like cabbage if you cook it in the crockpot.  When I make corned beef and cabbage, I use canned corned beef and Cole Slaw mix.  It's even easier than the easy recipe from Recipes That Crock, Crockpot Ham and Cabbage.  You can substitute corned beef for ham cubes.  They have another cabbage recipe that includes a 38 oz undrained can of Italian cut green beans.  I would add the green beans to the recipe linked above.  Their recipe is low carb but you can also add diced potatoes to the mix.  Yum!

Meditate on Psalm 23:2 today:  He makes me lie down in green pastures...



1 comment:

  1. Amanda's family substituted brussels sprouts for cabbage - baby cabbages!

    ReplyDelete