Thursday, March 19, 2020

Happy National Poultry Day & It's Spring Equinox

What's your favorite way to fix poultry?

I made Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup recently but it wasn't soupy so I took "Soup" out of the title.  It was creamy and yummy.  I'm sorry I can't find the recipe on my Pinterest boards so I can't give credit to where I got it.  Here's the recipe:

19 oz frozen cheese tortellini, cooked
2 c shredded cooked chicken (I used 1 can a chicken)
1/2 c chopped onion (don't like onion, I used 1 tsp onion powder)
1 tsp garlic powder
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp basil (left out, didn't have any)
2 c heavy whipping cream (combined half and half with evaporated milk to equal 2 c)
1/4 c shredded Parmesan & 1/4 c shredded Romano cheese (substituted 1 can cheese sauce)

Add everything except cooked tortellini & cheese to a pot.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Add tortellini and cheeses; heat through.

Spring Equinox is at 11:49 pm tonight - aka the first day of Spring!  I don't understand how the first day of spring can start at almost midnight though.  Equinox means "equal night" in Latin.  So, the equinox occurs when the length of the day and the length of the night are nearly equal worldwide.  Spring usually arrives on March 20 or 21.  This year Spring springs on us on Mar 19.  It hasn't arrived this early in over 100 years - 124 to be exact, in 1896.  Start enjoying earlier sunrises and later sunsets.  Watch for migratory birds to come back.  Enjoy the sunshine and warmer weather and new flowers blooming.

Song of Solomon 2:12a  The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds has come...



My Chicken Divan

No comments:

Post a Comment