Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Happy National Pound Cake Day & National Sons Day

A day to eat pound cake (with strawberries and whipped cream) and think about sons - our sons, our mother-in-law's son, sons-in-law, My Three Sons, Son of Flubber, Native Son, Son of the Pink Panther, and especially the Son of God.

It's National Pound Cake Day but it's also National Snack Day.  What will you snack on today?  

I want to give a shout out to my sons, Daniel and Matthew (pictured below).  They make life interesting and I'm so proud of them.  I'd also like to recognize my sons-in-law and grandsons (too many for pictures here and now).  Grandsons are Caleb, Ben, Jackson, Aaron, Tyler, and Elliott.  Children are a blessing from the Lord.

And I am thankful for the Son of God who became the Son of man to die in my place to make us sons and daughters of the heavenly Father.  We are all God's creation but we are not all His children.  Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father.
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."

I saw this wall art in several places for varying prices - Target, Wayfair, Macy's - but couldn't get a decent picture to post, so here's the sentiment.

You are loved for the boy you are,
The man you will become,
And the precious son
You will always be.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment